Sleepy Hollow’s Local Development Corporation (LDC) is the owner of 27 acres of land referred to as the East Parcel of the former General Motors site. The lion’s share of the site is rigorously being developed by Edge-on-Hudson, with fill being delivered from barges and trucks along with the demolition of the entire existing concrete base.By comparison, the Chairman of the LDC, David Schroedel, has requested an extension from the Sleepy Hollow Planning Board for beginning to bring in fill. On January 19, the Board granted a one-year extension to Mr. Schroedel, who was initially granted approval for fill in January of 2016.
If one were to compare the activity at Sleepy Hollow’s Edge-on-Hudson site to a ship at sea, “full speed ahead” would be appropriate. The temporary bridge crossing over the railroad tracks on Beekman Avenue has been completed. The reinforcement of the bridge has allowed trucks to proceed to and from the site bypassing an alternative route through Tarrytown. Within the next sixty days the entire site will have seen demolition work of the concrete base, and not just Phase 1.
- A Breach of Faith with the Public
- More Than A Drop In The Bucket…1.6 Million Gallons To Be Precise
- In Sleepy Hollow…Good Planning or “Take the Money and Run”
- Edge-On-Hudson Project Update
- 13th Annual Phelps Golf Classic at Sleepy Hollow Country Club
- Off the Rails… Sleepy Hollow’s Local Development Corporation
- Not Just for Halloween Anymore...
- Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon Revenue Donated Back To Community
- Sleepy Hollow & “Old School”
- In Sleepy Hollow...3 Mayors for a Day
Page 1 of 50