Ardsley photographer Lewis Bogaty returns to the Ossining Library following his 2014 all-trains show, with an exhibit titled “Feathers, Manes & Mist.” The exhibit features dramatic images of birds, wild horses, and landscapes suffused with evocative fog and mist.Best known for his photographs of birds and trains, Mr. Bogaty loves to photographer the outdoors. He has photographed the wild horses of Wyoming and Montana over several years and includes some of his favorites in this show.
From the Village of Ossining, February 27th:Last week we got an update from engineers on the roundabout project. Another significant discussion that evening was related to proposed code revisions and adoptions that will streamline and strengthen the Village’s enforcement efforts, better aligning them with NYS codes.
Main Gallery: “Birds & Butterflies” by photographer, Lewis Bogaty. April 1 – 29.
Opening reception – Sunday, April 9th at 2-4 p.m. Light refreshments will be served. All are welcome to attend and meet the artist in person.
The Village Clerk has rejected the Greater Ossining Chamber of Commerce’s petition for a public referendum related to Resolution Q, adopted February 1, 2017. That said, today’s Village Work Session will now take place at Birdsall-Fagan Police Court Facility at 86-88 Spring Street. We anticipate a larger than usual attendance, and would like to provide more space for seating. While this is still a Work Session, we will invite questions from the public regarding the petition process.
What follows is a statement from Gayle Marchica, President of the Greater Ossining Chamber of Commerce:
Congratulations to all for a continued and cohesive effort toward reaching our "magic" number! This process has been an intoxicating reminder of the democracy we sometimes take for granted and the powerful impact we can have on each other and our community when we work together. Maintaining focus, ignoring and refraining from negative banter, and maximizing each and every opportunity to harvest signatures in the next few days is key to the success of our efforts.
- Regarding Ossining’s Roundabout...Q & A with Mayor Gearity
- It’s a Compatibility Thing…A Roundabout in Ossining’s Historic Downtown District?
- Smithsonian National Postal Museum Features Ossining’s Maryknoll
- Ossining Public Library 10 Years Later!
- Ossining's December Documentary & Discussion Series Screening: HAPPY
- An Invitation to our Newest Readership
- Westchester Collaborative Theater Presents: A Reading of Lardo by Sydney Blake
- “Our Partnerships Are Our Strength.”
- GDC and Ossining Dedicate Sculpture and New Public Kiosk at Harbor Square
- River Journal Welcomes Our New Readers
Page 1 of 3